Hi Guys! Just a quick post to let you know about this e-course I’m taking:
Something about the new year always makes me want to ramp up on the decluttering. I know I’m not alone! The problem is that even though I really want to do it, when I look at my mess I get overwhelmed. It’s hard for me to know where to start. Sometimes it’s just hard to start even if I know where I should start!
So when I saw that Kathi Lipp is doing a 2 week kickstart called Kickstart to Clutter Free (affiliate link), I was totally interested.
Here are some things I like about it so far:
- 2 weeks: 500 things gone. That sounds awesome and a little scary all at once! But what makes it not as scary is that Kathi tells you what to get rid of each day. There are little assignments. She has an encouraging video and paper resources, too.
- Only 15-30 minutes a day!
- The course is self-paced and you have continuing access. It doesn’t expire after the 14 days, so you can revisit the materials over and over or spread it out over a longer period of time.
- There is a place for comments on each day of the class, so you don’t feel like you are doing it alone.
- Cost: $11.99 – Not crazy expensive or anything, but sometimes paying for something like this means you are more likely to follow through with it (I’ve learned that the hard way). And if you are selling or donating some of the things you declutter, you might just make that money back. And it is a lot cheaper than paying a professional organizer to help you get rid of 500 things!
Just so you know who you are working with for the e-course, Kathi Lipp is a Christian author and speaker. One of her books is Clutter Free: Quick and Easy Steps to Simplifying Your Space. (I haven’t read it yet, but it looks good!) She’s funny and down-to-earth. And she hasn’t always been clutter-free (another reason I like her)!
One of the first things Kathi says to start with is finding someone to help hold you accountable. Soooo I’m planning to blog my way through this e-course. If you don’t hear from me for a while, you have permission to bug me about it! (Comment, Facebook, email me). And if you want me to help hold you accountable, then comment on this post and tell me you are going to do this with me!
If you want to join me in the e-course, click here to register and let’s get rid of 500 things in 2 weeks together!
By the way, especially for those of you who have been following my blog for a while, I do have a post started giving lots of updates on what’s been going on with me while I’ve been a little absent around here.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy something from clicking one of those links, it helps keep things running around here. Thanks!