It’s time to give updates on week 5 of The 365 Declutter Challenge!
It was kind of a tough week for me. Maybe I can blame some of that on my cold, but maybe it was just me having a hard time making decisions and saying goodbye to things.
I spent way too much time wandering around my house with the vague idea that I needed to find things to get rid of, but having trouble picking anything. But I persevered, mostly thanks to the fact that I knew I had to get this blog post up. Thanks so much for helping to keep me accountable!
Here’s what I ended up with:
- A purple coat. This coat was passed on to me maybe 2-3 years ago. It’s a nice warm coat and I kept it to use as a “backup” coat that I might use when it’s really cold. Well, it’s been really cold and I haven’t been wearing it. Why am I holding onto a perfectly nice warm coat just to have as a backup? Someone else might be so thankful to have this coat to keep them warm every day! Giving this coat away makes me happy.
- A T-shirt and some pants that Mr. RSS picked out to send out the door. (For those of you who are new around here, “Mr. RSS” is my husband’s nickname here on the blog, short for “Mr. Ready Set Simplify”)
- Some old baby medicines. Most of them expired in 2007 or 2009. I counted these as 4 because there were 4 different types of medicines.
- Cell phone chargers – 1 broken and 2 very old. I counted these as 2 instead of 3 since 2 of them were identical.
- A rocking horse (see picture below). This guy has been hanging out on this chair in the basement for too long. Time for him to get out and get some exercise! It turned out our church’s nursery really needed something like this. Perfect!
That made 10 things for me for week 5:
How was your week?