My cabinet where I keep all of my plastic food storage containers has been bugging me for a while. It’s basically an avalanche waiting to happen. I can’t even tell you how many times in the last year I’ve taken before pictures of this cabinet. But this time I finally did something worthy of posting an after picture!
I found this before picture from a year ago.
And here’s my most recent before picture.
Time to declutter and organize!
1. Take everything out of the cabinet.
2. Wipe the inside of the cabinet clean.
3. Match up containers and lids.
4. Get rid of items that are damaged, disliked, mismatched, unnecessary, or just not fitting well in the space.
I used to keep lids and containers separate. I kept the lids in a bin and stacked the containers. One problem was that I simply had too many lids and containers. It was a pain to dig through that container to find the right lid. Another problem was having too many different, yet similar containers and lids. I would pull out a container and lid that seemed like they should fit, but they wouldn’t! I have wasted way too much time with this process.
I had tons of lids that had no bottoms! These are all lids that were extra!
5. Arrange and organize the items you are keeping. Make sure they fit well in the space so that it is easy to find what you need and easy to put them away.
Here’s my after picture!
At some point, I would love to switch over to mostly glass containers, like this Pyrex set, but for now I will use what I have.
How are your food storage containers looking?This post contains an affiliate link.