How last week’s menu went:
Last week went really well. Of course it was huge that we were gifted with 3 out of 7 meals. That was helpful on many levels.
Favorite meal from last week:
Let’s go with the Healthified Ham and Potato Casserole. Great comfort food. I used red pepper instead of green and added some mushrooms that were crazy on sale from Aldi. Oh, and mine wasn’t quite as healthified as the recipe, mainly because I used regular cheese instead of reduced fat.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (from the freezer) on Light Oat Bread (This is a bread machine recipe, but I make it in the oven.)
- apple slices
- raw carrots
- green beans
- Quick spaghetti and meat sauce: 1 box of spaghetti + 1/2 pound of cooked ground beef + 2 jars of spaghetti sauce = happy tummies in a hurry
- A friend is bringing us dinner.
- Chicken Fried Rice – I make it pretty much like this Pork Fried Rice recipe, but I add celery and increase the spices
- Homemade Pizza with a quick and easy crust (I use part whole wheat flour and knead the dough after mixing)
- Chicken leg quarters (baked with olive oil and McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
- sweet potatoes or Rosemary potatoes – microwave
- mixed veggies