How last week’s menu went:
Last week went pretty well. I didn’t make the quiche, but I cannot seem to remember what we ate instead! I must be getting old, or I’m sleep deprived, or both. We also did not have a leftover night, and that was because our friends invited us over for a cookout. Sweet! It was a lovely time.
Oh, and I tried the Beautiful Burger Buns as hot dog buns, and it didn’t work out very well. They were very flat and not very soft. I wonder if I used too much flour. But we were able to laugh about it and enjoy the hot dogs anyway!
The Big-Batch Vegetable Soup (I added a bay leaf and a parmesan rind while cooking) turned out great. I didn’t want to use a tablespoon of tomato paste this time, because I ended up wasting the rest of the can I used the last time. So I just used some pasta sauce instead (more than a tablespoon). I also added diced potato instead of the pasta I had planned. It was good!
Favorite meal from last week:
I couldn’t really decide, so I asked everyone else, and of those who could clearly verbalize a choice, here’s what we had:
Gabe picked the Homemade Pizza with a quick and easy crust, Ella picked the hot dogs, and Mr. RSS picked the Chicken Divan, Lightened Up (I increased the sauce amounts, used cheddar cheese, and added curry powder).
This Week’s Menu Plan
Sunday – Easter Dinner with family!
- Glazed Baked Ham
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Fresh pineapple
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bunny Cake (I didn’t make it exactly like the one from this link, but this is the same basic cake.) Mr. RSS grew up having this cake on Easter Sunday, so it has some family history. Grandma and the kids helped decorate it.
- I got a free Artisan pizza from Domino’s Facebook offer! My sister was coming over for dinner with her kids, so she picked up a cheese pizza also.
- raw veggies
- leftover bunny cake
- Ham and Cheese Omelet
- green salad or fruit salad
Wednesday – A certain little boy is turning 6!
- BBQ Pork Sandwiches – Not sure which recipe I’ll use this time. Maybe Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches (I’m using a pork shoulder roast) or Slow Cooker Barbequed Pork for Sandwiches, or something in-between.
- baked beans
- coleslaw (I use less sugar and oil)
- Birthday cupcakes
- A friend is bringing us dinner. 🙂
- Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole (I’ll top it with french fried onions instead of whole wheat bread crumbs. Yep. And I might use macaroni instead of egg noodles this time, too.)
- raw veggies and fruit