How last week’s menu went:
Last week went pretty well. I have been such a crock pot failure lately, though. I always seem to forget to get the crock pot recipes started in time! Does anyone have a great idea for this? It happened this week with the Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers. I didn’t get them started in time, so I made them more like this recipe (which I have used before) that uses the oven. I ended up doing a recipe that was something between the two, and it was good, but one of these days I want to try again to get those peppers in the crock pot on time!
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going with the Omelet Bar (choice of cheese, a little bit of leftover ham, spinach, sauteed onions, mushrooms) was the favorite for the week. It was sort of a surprise favorite, actually. And I’m adding it to my mental list of good recipes for using up little bits of food that need to be eaten. Omelets are cheap and easy, too!
I didn’t get a picture of the omelets, but Mr. RSS assures me that you all know what one looks like. 🙂
I did get a picture of the Buffalo Chicken Salad, which was another favorite (I saved some plain chicken for the kids).
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Homemade Pizza with a quick and easy crust (I use part whole wheat flour and knead the dough after mixing)
- raw veggies
- Chicken Divan, Lightened Up (I’ll increase the sauce amounts, use cheddar cheese, and add curry powder)
- brown rice
- red grapes
- Beans and Rice – I was totally winging it on this one – sauteed onion and red pepper, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, brown rice (served with a few optional toppings like cheese and sour cream)
- optional tortillas to make a burrito (the kids like this)
- apple slices
- grilled hot dogs
- I might try to make these Beautiful Burger Buns as hot dog buns
- Sweet potato fries
- coleslaw (I use less sugar) or raw veggies
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I use half the bacon and part cream, part milk)
- fruit salad
- Big-Batch Vegetable Soup I’ll add a bay leaf and a parmesean rind while cooking. I’ll also added some pasta at the end.
- I think some bread, like this Crusty French Bread