How last week’s menu went:
Last week went very smoothly. Gotta love that.
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going to say that our favorite meal was the Steak Salad, although I can’t take any credit for the steak part because our marvelous friends sent us home with it after a dinner party. But I did make the salad. And I did reheat the steak and slice it. I even made the dressing. So I say it counts. I added some lightly sauteed yellow peppers and loved that addition, too.
I could pick several dishes for second place, but I do want to say that the Make-Ahead Unstuffed Shells were really super easy and yummy and we all loved them.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Omelet Bar – cheese, a little bit of leftover ham, spinach, sauteed onions, mushrooms
- steamed broccoli
- homemade vanilla yogurt with blueberries (I use low fat milk and add 1 c. of nonfat powdered milk to thicken)
- Quick spaghetti and meat sauce: 1 box of spaghetti + 1 pound of cooked ground beef (from my freezer) + 2 jars of spaghetti sauce = happy tummies in a hurry
- green beans
- Buffalo Chicken Salad (new recipe)
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers (new crock pot recipe I’m trying)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- maybe a salad
- Homemade Pizza with a quick and easy crust (I use part whole wheat flour and knead the dough after mixing)
- raw veggies
- Chicken leg quarters (baked with olive oil and McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning)
- sweet potatoes, I think
- mixed veggies