How last week’s menu went:
Last week went well. I played around with the new Spinach Calzone recipe a little too much, and I think I made it not as good as the original. I was trying a little too hard to use up all of the spinach I had. I might try it again sometime with fewer changes to the recipe.
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going to pick the Big-Batch Vegetable Soup as the favorite. I love how healthy it was and that it allowed me to use up 8 cups of veggies! I added a bay leaf and some grated parmasan. Next time I will add a parmesean rind while cooking, as a couple of readers suggested. I also added some pasta. There’s alphabet pasta in the picture above, but in the other half I used macaroni, which was better for this soup, I think. The Shrimp Scampi was also really tasty.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Homemade pizza with a quick and easy crust (I use part whole wheat flour and knead the dough after mixing)
- raw carrots
- Beanie Wienies – I’m not loving the name, but I do love that it’s quick, easy, yummy, and healthy enough (I added extra beans) I also found this recipe that uses turkey hot dogs and serves it over brown rice. I like that idea, too.
- Sweet potato fries
- Corn Chowder (I use more bacon. Cook it up and crumble it up as a topping. Please.)
- Baked Ziti (I’ll use all ground beef this time)
- Mandarin Spinach Salad with Sugared Almonds and I’ll add some chicken
- Some friends are treating us to pizza
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili (I’ll double the beans and use less orange zest)