How last week’s menu went:
Last week we were dealing with a broken refrigerator, and that caused more things to change than usual. I made pasta and meat sauce instead of the Crockpot Enchiladas (they moved to this week), I didn’t make the Chicken Fried Rice and instead my mom treated us to McDonald’s that night, and instead of leftover night we had frozen pizza.
Favorite meal from last week:
Everybody loves that Slithering Stromboli Snake (including a few special guests we had that night), so I’ll pick that. This was the first time I had made Pasta e Fagioli, and that was really good, too. I think it will become a regular in our soup rotation. I made it with this Crusty French Bread that we dipped in olive oil with pepper. Yum.
One more thing. Those sweet potato fries I made on hot dog night are so addicting.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Crockpot Enchiladas topped with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream
- chips and salsa
- Big-Batch Vegetable Soup (I have tons of thawed frozen veggies that need a good use)
- Some bread, maybe the Crusty French Bread again, we’ll see
- Shrimp Scampi
- Chicken stir-fry (I might just do veggies)
- brown rice
- Spinach Calzones (new recipe)
- Salad, maybe
- Chicken tortilla soup (from the freezer)
- Leftovers or homemade pizza with a quick and easy crust (I use part whole wheat flour and knead the dough after mixing)