New! A Facebook Page!
Would you like to hang out with me on Facebook? But not too much, because, we all have things we need to do, right? Well, I created a Facebook page for Ready. Set. Simplify. over the weekend. I’m kind of excited and scared about it, actually. But I really do like Facebook and sometimes I have little things I’d like to say, or questions, or articles to share, but they don’t always make sense for a blog post. But they do make sense for Facebook! So I’m going to give it a try. As of this writing, I have 0 “likes” on my page. So be one of the first to “like” me! (It feels really weird to ask people to like you.)
You can “like” me by clicking over to to my new Facebook page or by clicking the like button over there in my sidebar. It will be fun to see that 0 change to 10,000. Just kidding. How about 10? 20?
Now on to menu stuff!
How last week’s menu went:
Last week was a little crazy because for some reason I picked a bunch of new recipes to try. It often takes a little longer to make dinner when I’m trying something new. I enjoyed all of the new recipes, though!
Favorite meal from last week:
I was having a hard time deciding on a favorite, so I asked the family. The kids picked the Homemade Pizza (I use this crust recipe, with part whole wheat flour. I double the recipe and also knead the dough after mixing.) and Mr. RSS picked the Ham and Potato Casserole as his favorite.
This Week’s Menu Plan (No new recipes this week!)
- Buffalo Wings (These are baked, and I do mix melted butter in with the sauce as it says in the “Tips” section.) This is an authentic recipe – my hubby is from Buffalo and he is serious about his wings. I make plain ones for the kids and they can dip them in BBQ sauce.
- raw veggies
- Pizza Penne Bake (I add extra sauce)
- Maybe some bread
- Ground Beef Stroganoff (A quick and easy version that my family loves. I pretty much double everything except the soup and sour cream. I add some beef broth to thin the sauce a bit, and I don’t stir the noodles in. I cook up a whole bag of egg noodles and serve the stroganoff over the noodles.) My daughter has been begging me to make this!
- Green beans
- Tortellini Soup
- Maybe a salad, or maybe I’ll just throw some chopped spinach in the soup…
- Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce (We love this with butternut squash ravioli – this is another kid favorite around here)
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas (I add enchilada sauce on top before the cheese, and sliced black olives, too. We top these with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.)
- Multigrain chips and salsa