How last week’s menu went:
I did a little more baking than usual last week. I made 2 loaves of French Bread, some Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins, and some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. I also got back into making homemade yogurt.
I joined Jessica at Good (Cheap) Eats in a Pantry Challenge this last month, and it went really well. I actually notice the most difference in the refrigerator. It’s actually looking pretty empty (for me). I think I need to keep this up on my own!
Favorite meal from last week:
I wasn’t expecting this, but I’m picking the Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole as the favorite! I did add french fried onions instead of bread crumbs on top, which I would do again. All 5 of us liked it!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Leftover Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I use half the bacon and part cream, part milk)
- Ham and Potato Casserole (using some leftover ham from the freezer – healthier version of a recipe I used to make)
- broccoli and or salad
- Red Lentil Soup with Lemon (new recipe I’m trying)
- Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs (another new recipe I’m trying)
- brown rice
- Quick Chickpea Curry (Well look at this, yet another new recipe this week. I don’t know what came over me!)
- rice or I might try naan
- salad or veggies
- Homemade Pizza (I’ll use this crust recipe, with part whole wheat flour. I double the recipe and also knead the dough after mixing.) I’m thinking about a ham and pineapple pizza this week.
- Raw veggies
- Chocolate Chip Chili (Moved from last week. I think I’ll leave out the sausage. And yes. It’s a new recipe.)
- Raw veggies or fruit