How last week’s menu went:
Last week went well. A few meals changed days and Saturday we were invited to dinner at a friend’s house, so the Chicken Tortilla Soup moved to this week.
Here’s something I’m happy about figuring out: Using up cilantro. I had 2 recipes planned last week that both used a good amount of cilantro, so I used it up easily without wasting a thing. Those 2 recipes are the BBQ Chicken Pizza and the Chicken Tortilla Soup. I need to remember to have those 2 meals in the same week again.
Favorite meal from last week:
I think I’m going to pick the Quick Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (1 box of spaghetti + 1 pound of cooked ground beef (from my freezer) + 2 jars of spaghetti sauce = happy tummies in a hurry).
I’ve been thinking a lot about trying to simplify dinner more. It just seems like it takes forever to get dinner on the table most nights. So I’m looking for more simple-fast-easy-healthy-frugal-yummy meals to serve for dinner. I’m not asking for too much there, am I? If you have one to share, please feel free to leave a link in the comments. I’m also planning to do some more freezer cooking in an effort to simplify dinner!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – I made a double batch so that I can freeze some for another meal! Yes!
- Baked Ziti a friend is bringing over 🙂
- Garlic bread, I hope (Most of the time I put this on the menu it doesn’t happen!)
- Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole (New recipe I’m trying, but I think I’ll top it with french fried onions instead of whole wheat bread crumbs, you know, because I’m trying to use up stuff in my pantry)
- Salad, I think
- Baked Chicken pieces (with olive oil and one of my many spice blends from the pantry)
- Cooked veggies
- Brown rice or potatoes
- Chocolate Chip Chili (I may not have the sausage in this, unless I find a good sale)
- Raw veggies or fruit
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I use half the bacon)
- apple slices