How last week’s menu went:
A couple of things changed last week. Good changes! One night, my mom treated us to a subs at Subway, and on Saturday, some friends invited us over for dinner (I just brought a salad). Love that! So the Chicken Divan, Lightened Up didn’t happen and the Spaghetti Squash moved to this week.
Favorite meal from last week:
Of the things we made at home last week, the favorite was the Chicken Tortilla Soup. We love this. And it was perfect for using up a leftover chicken breast. I also used up the crumbs from 4 mostly-empty bags of tortilla chips. Like most soups, it’s really versatile, too. Use different beans, add or leave some things out, and it still turns out great. I often just use what I have on hand. I like to double the beans and add more broth to stretch the soup a bit. The leftovers are great and it freezes well, too!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Spaghetti Squash (new recipe – the kids did not go for this one!)
- Pizza night (I use this crust recipe, with part whole wheat flour and I knead the dough after mixing.)
- Raw veggies
- Tuscany Pot Roast – I make it in the crock pot, and serve over egg noodles mixed with sautéed mushrooms (no poppy seeds)
- Maybe a salad, too
- Baked chicken pieces (baked with olive oil and McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning) Using up some chicken from the freezer
- sweet potatoes
Thursday: Going Caroling, I think
- Freezer-Friendly Bean and Rice Burritos (from the freezer)
- Chips and salsa
- raw veggies
- Leftover night!
Saturday: Christmas Eve!
- Baked ham with pineapple
- Potato Souffle – This is a Christmas tradition from Mr. RSS’s side of the family. I couldn’t find the exact recipe online, but this is pretty close. No parsley needed. You can also use instant potatoes (make 12 servings). These are great leftover for breakfast, too.
- Green beans and/or salad