How last week’s menu went:
I stuck to last week’s menu plan quite well.
The night we had the Bean and Rice Burritos, I had dinner all ready, but Mr. RSS had something to finish before coming to the table. When I was putting Gabe’s burrito on his rocket plate, I realized that it fit perfectly on the rocket. Then I started to have some fun while I waited.
So I did this:
And then I worked on Ella’s plate:
Since I still had more time, I went ahead and worked on the grown up plates. Little Anna just shared my burrito.
Eventually I stopped playing with everyone’s food, and we ate dinner.
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going with the Lentil Shepherd’s Pie. I was really wondering how the family would like this, since they love a different shepherd’s pie recipe I make with ground beef, but 4 out of 5 of us really liked it. One child only liked the mashed potato topping. I like that the recipe is both inexpensive and healthy.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- We had a super yummy potluck dinner with our Financial Peace University class. We brought this Pizza Penne Bake (I add extra sauce)
- My sweet sister brought dinner over – pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, cole slaw, green beans. Yum!
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I used less bacon, and I added some mushrooms that needed to be used up)
- apple slices
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (using up a leftover chicken breast)
- salad or fruit
Thursday: Christmas Concert = easy dinner
- Quick spaghetti and meat sauce: 1 box of spaghetti + 1 pound of cooked ground beef (from my freezer) + 2 jars of spaghetti sauce = happy tummies in a hurry
- salad or green beans
- Chicken Divan, Lightened Up (I’m going to make a little more sauce this time)
- maybe some fruit
- Spaghetti Squash (new recipe I’m trying)