How last week’s menu went:
I stuck to the menu last week except for moving things around just a little. The Beef and Bean Chili recipe that I tried was spicier than I thought it would be, but we liked it (it was a bit too spicy for the kids). I’ll make a milder version next time and just put hot sauce on the table.
Favorite meal from last week:
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Pork Fried Rice using a leftover pork chop from last week and some leftover brown rice. I usually look at these 2 recipes: House Fried Rice/Pork Fried Rice and kind of wing it from there based on what I have on hand.
- Baked Swiss Chicken
- Green Beans or broccoli
- We’ve been invited to a dinner party where we’ll get to see friends who are visiting from out of town and meet some new friends. Sweet!
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (new meatless recipe I’m trying)
- cooked veggies or salad
- Freezer-Friendly Bean and Rice Burritos and I’m planning to make extras for the freezer using these directions.
- raw veggies
- Not quite sure what will happen with dinner yet, but we will be with friends.
- Pizza Penne Bake I’ll double the recipe to bring one to a potluck on Sunday. What is with all of this thinking ahead/planning ahead this week?! I don’t know, but I like it! I think my blog is a good influence on me.
- raw veggies and/or fruit
- I have some fun before and after pictures to show you from the kids’ room later this week…
- My 7-year-old daughter cleaned up the living room this morning before any adults were even out of bed. What a blessing!
I’m linking up with OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday, where you can find many more meal plans to check out!