How last week’s menu went:
Well I know I didn’t totally stick to the menu last week, but ’tis the season for that, I think. I can’t even remember exactly what happened, but I know I didn’t make the chicken, and we ate frozen pizzas one night. So there ya go.
Favorite meal from last week:
Oh I think the Christmas Eve dinner was the favorite. All 5 of us enjoyed the ham, 4/5 of us liked the Potato Souffle (no parsley), and all 5 of us liked the broccoli. By the way, that potato dish is also really good with a steak dinner if you are looking for a special side dish, and it makes quite a bit. It is a big favorite and a Christmas tradition that came from my husband’s side of the family. The recipe we have calls it a souffle, but it’s really more of a casserole.
This Week’s Menu Plan
Sunday: Snacky dinner
- leftover ham
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Yummy! (I used a small jar of artichoke hearts and about half the red pepper flakes)
- whatever else various people were grabbing and munching on
- Pizza (from a friend I’m house/cat sitting for)
- spinach salad
- Navy bean & ham soup (also from the friend I’m house/cat sitting for – Yay!)
- Italian bread
- Dinner at my parents’ house
- Leftover Tuscany Pot Roast – I make it in the crock pot, and serve over egg noodles mixed with sauteed mushrooms (no poppy seeds)
- Green beans
- Baked chicken pieces (baked with olive oil and McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning) Using up some chicken from the freezer (Will I finally make this? I need to remember to pull the chicken out of the freezer!)
- sweet potatoes
- cooked veggies
Saturday: New Year’s Eve
- I’m not sure yet, but my mom offered to babysit! Thanks, Mom!