How last week’s menu went:
Well, I had a few changes to last week’s menu. I didn’t make the Hamburger Vegetable Soup or the Spinach Stuffed Shells, so I’m bumping both to this week. One night we had a leftover night, and I can’t remember what we did the other night – maybe it was another leftover night?
Once again, I didn’t get the Autumn Sausage Casserole in the crock pot in time, so I made it like the original recipe instead. Also, I used a different kind of sausage (roasted red pepper and garlic chicken sausage) and I have to say that I much prefer it with the apple chicken sausage that I usually use.
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m picking the Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I used less bacon). I love that the recipe uses fresh spinach and I love the consistancy of the egg mixture. All five of us enjoy this, and the leftovers are great for lunch.
This Week’s Menu Plan
I’m trying to eat from the pantry/freezer this week to save money and force myself to use the food that is already in the house!
- Beans and Franks – leftover hot dogs, canned baked beans, molassas, brown sugar, ketchup, minced onion, hot sauce
- Mixed veggies
- Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs (new recipe I’m trying)
- brown rice
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup (I only use 1 packet of the dry onion soup mix)
- Maybe some bread
- Spinach Stuffed Shells (I think I’ll do a meatless sauce)
Thursday – Happy Thanksgiving!
- We’ll have Thanksgiving dinner at my parents’ house. I’m bringing something – maybe yams and/or pies
- I know we are also having: Turkey, stuffing, gravy, corn casserole, Swedish flat bread, salad (and there may be more…)
- Tortellini Soup (I’ll use chicken sausage)
- I’m excited that the kids have no school all week!
- The yard sale report really is coming this week!