How last week’s menu went:
I stuck to last week’s menu exactly!
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m picking two favorites this week. The Chicken Divan, Lightened Up went really well! I decided not to tell the kids that I was using a different recipe and they ate it up as usual and had no idea it was a healthier version! To make it more similar to the way I usually make it I used cheddar cheese and added curry powder. I may try to increase the sauce a bit the next time. I served it over brown rice. We loved it!
The next one is not a big surprise. The Baked Ziti. I used all ground beef this time. It’s easy to make, everyone loves it, and the leftovers are great.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Tuna salad sandwiches – simple tuna salad with tuna (Ha!), mayo, Dijon mustard, celery, green pepper, and seasoning
- raw carrots
- apple slices
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche (I use less bacon)
- Balsamic Chicken (new crockpot recipe I’m trying)
- salad or green beans
- Autumn Sausage Casserole (Another crockpot recipe. I add celery and use brown rice)
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup (I only use 1 packet of the dry onion soup mix)
- Maybe some bread
- Homemade Pizza (I’ll use this crust recipe, with part whole wheat flour. I double the recipe and also knead the dough after mixing.)
- Raw veggies
- Spinach Stuffed Shells (I think I’ll do a meatless sauce)
- My house is a mess! Need to work on that this week. Starting with the living room and kitchen.
- There’s a yard sale report coming this week!