How last week’s menu went:
Last week was a good week! My parents invited us over for dinner one night, which was really fun and unexpected. They also have a Canadian friend visiting (and actually stuck here for a while because his passport was stolen), and we enjoyed some good conversation and getting to know him.
That surprise to our week meant that the Baked Ziti was bumped to this week, but everything else stayed pretty much the same. I’m so glad I’m posting my menu plans, because it is really helping me plan ahead and stick to the plan!
Oh! I almost forgot! Pizza night was also Halloween, and I got this cute idea for a pumpkin pizza from Finding Joy in My Kitchen. The kids loved it!
These are the kids that enjoyed the pizza:
Favorite meal from last week:
The favorite meal that we ate here would be the Ground Beef Stroganoff (A quick and easy version that my family loves. I pretty much double everything except the soup and sour cream. I add some beef broth to thin the sauce a bit, and I don’t stir the noodles in. I cook up a whole bag of egg noodles and serve the stroganoff over the noodles.)
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Seven-Layer Bean Dip (Used up some leftovers from the taco salad last week!)
- Hearty Lentil Soup (I add celery, add chopped spinach instead of parsley, and only use 1/2 tsp of the balsamic vinegar – and I like to use turkey bacon, too)
- Perhaps some bread
- Chicken Divan, Lightened Up (Curried Chicken Divan (like this recipe) is a family favorite, and I have played around with trying to lighten it up myself, but I’m excited to try Gina’s version and see what the family thinks! I’ll probably use cheddar cheese and add some curry, we’ll see….)
- Brown rice
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas (I add enchilada sauce on top before the cheese, and sliced black olives, too. We top these with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.)
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili (I’ll double the beans and use half the orange zest this time)
- Baked Ziti
- Salad or asparagus
- Maybe garlic bread
- Buffalo Wings (These are baked, and I do mix melted butter in with the sauce as it says in the “Tips” section) I’ll make some plain/mild ones for the kids.
- raw veggies and fruit
- I’m still making some changes to my blog, so if it’s acting a little wonky, hang in there!
- We are participating in a yard sale with our Financial Peace University class on Saturday, so I’m planning to do some major decluttering this week!