How last week’s menu went:
There were a couple of changes to last week’s menu. When I pulled the chicken thighs out of the refrigerator for the Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs, they did not smell right at all, so into the trash they went. It was only the day after the ‘sell by’ date! I still need to see if I can find that receipt to get a replacement. At least I have the spice mix all ready for when I have boneless skinless thighs again. My sister was coming for dinner that night, so she was sweet and bought us a couple of rotisserie chickens instead.
We had some of the chicken leftovers instead of the Tortellini Soup, so that has been bumped to this week.
The awesome Mr. RSS took it upon himself to use the rest of the leftover chicken and bones to make a huge batch of homemade hearty chicken noodle soup. He was very resourceful digging around the fridge/freezer/pantry/garden to find stuff to throw in there. We ate the soup instead of having a leftover night on Saturday. And it was yummy!
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going with Thanksgiving dinner! It was at my parents’ house and there were 11 of us there. Sweet family time and great food. I tried a new recipe for Twice Baked Bourbon Hazelnut Sweet Potatoes (I used Scotch and pecans because that’s what I had on hand), and we all liked them very much. It was a good “special occasion” recipe. As usual, we enjoyed making Swedish Flat Bread together.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Thanksgiving leftovers – Turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, Twice Baked Bourbon Hazelnut Sweet Potatoes (I used Scotch and pecans because that’s what I had on hand), Swedish flat bread
- I’ll make a fresh salad, too
- Daddy’s hearty chicken noodle soup (leftovers)
- Beef and Bean Chili
- Maybe a salad or raw veggies
- Pan-fried pork chops
- Mashed potatoes
- green beans
- Tortellini Soup (I’ll use chicken sausage)
- Homemade Pizza (I’ll use this crust recipe, with part whole wheat flour. I double the recipe and also knead the dough after mixing.) I’m thinking about a ham and pineapple pizza this week.
- Raw veggies
A link color question for you:
For many months I made any links in my posts blue, but lately I started leaving them black. I’m thinking about switching back to blue, but I thought I would ask you first to see if there was a reader preference. Which link color do you prefer? Blue or black?
I’m linking up with OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday, where you can find many more meal plans to check out!