Note: For some reason linking text is not working correctly for me today, so I just added the URLs and I’ll figure it out later and edit.
How last week’s menu went:
Last week was hurricane/no power/no running water week, so things were not very normal.
Favorite meal from last week:
It would have to be a tie between friends treating us to a picnic (BBQ), and my dad cooking dinner for us (Pork loin, salad, corn on the cob). But that is really more about the people than the food! Of the meals we had at home, it would have to be the hot dogs and beans that Mr. RSS and I worked together on.
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Ramen noodles with peas and carrots (This is not normally something we would eat for dinner, but we were in a big hurry to get to a free outdoor concert – and my kids beg me for this!) I use about half of the chicken seasoning packet.
- Baked/grilled Chicken leg quarters (I put olive oil and McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning on them)
- sweet potatoes
- The marvelous and talented Mr. ReadySetSimplify is cooking dinner. It’s my birthday:-)
- Friends are treating us to Chick-fil-A! Yum and fun!
- Lentil Rice Casserole (http://www.clayinhishands.com/2010/02/lentil-rice-casserole.html)
- Skillet Tacos (http://orgjunkie.com/2010/08/skillet-tacos-recipe.html)
- Served with lettuce, tomato, sour cream
- Crunchy Onion Chicken (http://www.frenchs.com/recipe/frenchs-crunchy-onion-chicken-RE1309) The kids saw this on a commercial and asked me to try it.
- Green beans
- I am almost finished with the big fridge/freezer clean out.
- I still need to finish going through the kids’ clothes!
I’m linking up with OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday (http://orgjunkie.com/2011/09/menu-plan-monday-sept-511.html).