How last week’s menu went:
I stuck very closely to the planned menu! In case you have been on pins and needles wondering what I decided to do with those pork chops, I cooked them on the stove instead of the grill, and made Drunken Pork Chops. I got the idea from the menu Laura@OrgJunkie posted, which linked to the recipe with lots of pictures that Newlyweds posted. Newlyweds originally found the recipe from Siggy Spice. I just love to give everyone credit! I served it over mashed potatoes. My family loved it and I will be making it again for sure.
Favorite meal from last week:
This is a tough one because it was a very yummy week. I’m going to choose the BBQ Chicken Pizza (I use less chicken, and a mix of Gouda and Mozzarella cheeses), served with that watermelon up there.
Today’s motivation for menu planning:
Planning and shopping once a week saves me time! Making a grocery shopping list and actually looking at it while you are at the store helps, too!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- leftover night
- Meatloaf (I prefer to use petite diced tomatoes in this recipe)
- sweet potatoes
- green beans
Tuesday – dinner guests 🙂 Better get cleaning!
- Curried Chicken Divan with broccoli (this is not exactly the recipe I use, but it is similar), served over brown rice
- fruit salad
- Our guests are bringing a dessert
- Black Beans and Rice (Toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream)
- Tortilla chips and salsa
- Pizza: one Buffalo Chicken pizza (I use a bit less of the chicken and blue cheese dressing. You must use Frank’s Hot Sauce if you want it to be right) and one regular cheese pizza with this crust (I double the recipe and use 1 cup of whole wheat flour)
- Raw veggies and dip
- I hate to admit this, but the kitchen Island is now half covered. Must. Battle. Clutter.
- There is progress happening on the kids’ clothes/dressers/closets! Stay tuned.
I’m linking up with OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday.