Today’s motivation for menu planning:
Meal planning helps me to know when I made a particular dish, so that I know how old the leftovers are. This can help me waste less food.
How things went last week:
I changed things around quite a bit, so I thought I would share what we actually ate last week:
- Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta with Feta
- corn on the cob.
Grilled Rockfish with grilled veggies, brown riceRoast Chicken (I made 2)
- roasted potatoes
London Broil Steak Salad (I won’t follow the recipe exactly)West Indian Rice and Beans (At the last-minute I decided to try to make a more authentic version and mostly switched to this recipe for Jamaican Rice and Peas, but I messed up on the amt. of liquid, so the rice didn’t turn out quite right. We liked the flavors, though, so I may try it again, maybe a little more like the original recipe I was planning to do in the first place.)
- Mango (using up a jar I had in the fridge)
Roast Chicken, green beans, potatoesGreen salad with leftover roasted chicken on top.
West Indian Rice and Beans, saladChicken Salad Sandwiches (made with the 2nd roast chicken from Monday)
- potato salad (from the leftover roasted potatoes)
- fruit salad (picture above)
Chicken salad or BBQ chicken pizza – can’t decide! Ordered takeout pizza!
Leftover nightLondon Broil Steak Salad (The salad was good, I just wished I had splurged on a nicer steak, the dressing needed to be doubled. We also had an extra adult with 2 small children visiting)
- grilled peaches
Favorite meal from last week: Well, not counting the takeout pizza ;-)… I’ll pick the Roast Chicken, broccoli, and potatoes, with Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta with Feta as a close second.
This Week’s Menu Plan:
- Shrimp Scampi over brown rice
- grilled zucchini and summer squash (picture above)
- Homemade pizza: BBQ Chicken Pizza (I use less chicken, and a mix of Gouda and Mozzarella cheeses) I’ll also make a cheese pizza. I’ve been using this crust recipe.
- Meeting some friends at Chick-fil-A! 😀
- Grilled Pork Chops (haven’t decided on the marinade, let me know if you have one you love)
- green beans
- corn on the cob
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (with stock made from last week’s roasted chickens)
- Grilled Hamburgers, Insalata Caprese (tomato, basil, mozzarella salad)
- Pesto pasta (made with basil from the garden)
- sautéed or grilled red peppers
What’s one of your favorite summer meals?
I’m linking up with OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday, where you can find so many more yummy menu plans.